Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 1 of Kindergarten!

I began teaching kindergarten today! I will teach until the end of this school year (a few more weeks) and then it'll be time for summer break :) My first day went quite well and I'm blessed to have some nice teachers on my grade level. Unfortunately, the original teacher has been out for almost a month - meaning lesson plans and student work are a bit off schedule... I have my work cut out for me. It'll be a great experience though - not to mention it'll add to my resume! I love being called Mrs. Taflan, and I look forward to doing the best I can to make these remaining school days memorable for the kids.

As much as I'd love to write more and go into detail about the kids and classroom, I'm completely exhausted. I'm going to be balancing teaching all day and then tutoring each afternoon - at least until the month of May is over. Before I head to bed, I would like to share what my sweet husband had waiting for me when I arrived home in between school and tutoring... It made me smile and feel even more blessed!

2 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

AWww, that's so cute! I can't wait to hear all about your classroom!

Callie said...

Oh, how sweet! Don't you just love getting flowers from your husband?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails